How to Decorate New Construction Home
When you finally have the keys to your new home, it can be tempting to just move in and start living your life. But if you want your home to really feel like yours, you need to put some effort into decorating it. This is especially true for new construction homes that might not have any personality yet.
Here are a few tips for how to decorate your new construction home:
1. Start with the basics – painting and flooring are always a good place to start when it comes to decorating your home. You can always add more personal touches later, but these basics will help give your home a finished look from the start.
2. Don’t be afraid of color – many people tend to go with neutral colors when they first move into a new home, but this doesn’t have to be the case. If you want your home to feel bright and welcoming, go ahead and use bolder colors throughout. Just make sure not to go too overboard – you don’t want your home to feel like a clown car!
3. Add personal touches – once you’ve got the basics taken care of, it’s time to add some personal touches that will make your house feel like yours. This could include anything from family photos on the walls to unique pieces of art or furniture.
- Pick a color scheme: Deciding on a color scheme is one of the first steps in decorating a new construction home
- It will help set the tone for the rest of the space and make picking out furniture and décor much easier
- Choose flooring: Once you’ve decided on a color scheme, it’s time to choose what type of flooring you want throughout the home
- This is a big decision as it will be difficult and costly to change later on down the road
- Paint the walls: Once you have your floors installed, it’s time to paint the walls! This is where you can really start to bring your vision for the space to life
- Hang window treatments: Window treatments are not only functional, but they can also be a great way to add some personality to your new home
- Add furniture and décor: Now it’s time for the fun part – filling up your new home with furniture and décor! Be sure to take measurements beforehand so that you know what will fit and where it will go
New Build Makeover
Whether you’re moving into a new build home or just want to give your property a makeover, there are plenty of things you can do to personalise your space. With a few simple changes, you can transform your new build home into a stylish and inviting space that feels like yours. One of the first things you may want to do is add some colour.
Plain white walls can feel quite sterile, so consider painting one or two accent walls in a bolder shade. This will instantly add personality and make your space more interesting. Another way to inject some colour is with soft furnishings and accessories.
Cushions, rugs and curtains are all great ways to bring in pops of colour, pattern and texture. Another thing to consider is storage. New build homes often have minimal storage, so it’s important to make the most of the space you have.
Wall-mounted shelves and cabinets are a great way to free up floor space, while also providing a place to store belongings out of sight. Under-bed storage boxes are also handy for storing seasonal items or extra bedding. If your new build home feels too modern for your taste, there are plenty of ways to add some traditional character.
Adding wood beams or panelling to ceilings and walls is an easy way to achieve this look. Fireplaces are another great way to add instant character – even if they’re not functional, they can still look good! Vintage furniture and accessories can also help create a more traditional feel in your home.
Making small changes like these can really transform your new build home from feeling bland and impersonal into somewhere that feels warm and inviting – like yours!
How Do I Decorate My New Construction Home?
If you’re lucky enough to be decorating a new construction home, congratulations! This is an exciting time and there are endless possibilities when it comes to outfitting your home. Here are a few tips and ideas to get you started on the right track.
First, take into account the style of your home. Is it traditional? Contemporary?
Rustic? This will help dictate which direction you take with your decor. Once you have a general feel for the overall aesthetic, start thinking about individual rooms.
What will be their purpose? How do you want them to look and feel? Next, begin collecting inspiration images.
Tear pages out of magazines, save photos from blogs, or create a Pinterest board. Seeing everything in one place will help you narrow down your style and figure out what pieces you need to achieve your desired look. Speaking of pieces, don’t forget the details!
Things like hardware, lighting fixtures, and window treatments can make or break a space so be sure to select these carefully. Finally, once you have all of your furnishings and accessories in place, take some time to step back and really assess the overall design. Do certain elements seem off or out of place?
Is there anything that feels missing? Don’t be afraid to make adjustments until everything feels just right – after all, this is YOUR new home!
What Should You Decorate First in a New House?
There’s no right or wrong answer to this question – it’s entirely up to your personal preference! However, there are a few things to keep in mind that may help you make your decision. For example, if you want to make a statement with your decor, start with a room that gets a lot of traffic such as the living room or kitchen.
Or, if you’re on a tight budget, begin with the basics like painting the walls and floors before moving on to more costly items like furniture and window treatments. Ultimately, it’s important to do what feels right for you and your home so take your time and enjoy the process!
Can You Decorate in a New Build?
If you’re wondering whether you can decorate in a new build, the answer is yes! There are a few things to keep in mind when decorating your new home, however. First, consider the style of your home and what would complement it.
If you have a more modern home, for example, sleek and minimalistic furniture may be a better option than shabby chic or antique pieces. Additionally, take into account the layout of your rooms when planning your decor. For example, if you have an open floor plan, you’ll want to choose furnishings that fit the space well and don’t make it feel cramped or cluttered.
Finally, don’t forget about the little details! Adding personal touches like photos, artwork and knick-knacks can really make your new house feel like home.
How Do You Style a New House?
It can be difficult to know how to style a new house. You might not have any furniture yet, or you might not be sure what style you want. Here are some tips to help you get started:
- Figure out your style. Do you prefer a more modern look, or a more traditional one? Once you know your general style preference, it will be easier to shop for furniture and accessories that fit that look.
- Start with the basics. Every room needs a few essential pieces of furniture, like a bed, couch, and table. Once you have these pieces in place, you can start adding other items like lamps, rugs, and art work to complete the space.
- Don’t forget the small details. It’s the little things that can really make a room feel finished and put together. Make sure to add pillows to your couch, towels in the bathroom, and candles or greenery throughout the house.
These details will make your new house feel like home in no time!
Interior Design — Expert Decorating Tips For New-Build Homes
If you’re lucky enough to be decorating a new construction home, congratulations! You have a clean slate to work with and endless possibilities for making your home beautiful, unique, and perfect for your family. Here are some tips to get you started on the right foot.
First, take stock of what you have. What furniture do you already own that can be used in your new home? What needs to be replaced or purchased?
Make a list of must-haves and nice-to-haves so you can start shopping with a plan. Next, think about how you want each room to function. What activities will take place in each space?
Do you need lots of seating for entertaining or just a cozy spot for reading? Keep these uses in mind as you shop for furniture and accessories. Finally, don’t forget the little details that make a house a home.
Consider adding personal touches like family photos, heirlooms, and artwork. These items will make your new construction home feel like yours from the very first day.