How to Do Peekaboo Highlights at Home
Peekaboo highlights are a great way to add dimension and interest to your hair. They can be subtle or dramatic, depending on your preference. If you’re looking to add some peekaboo highlights to your hair, there are a few things you’ll need to do beforehand.
First, you’ll need to choose the right color for your hair. If you have dark hair, you’ll want to choose a light color, such as blonde or white. If you have light hair, you can choose a darker color, such as black or brown.
You’ll also need to purchase some bleach and a developer from your local beauty supply store.
- Gather all the materials you will need: a comb, some clips, and foils
- Section off the hair you want to highlight
- Use the comb to create evenly sized sections of hair, and then clip each section up so it’s out of the way
- Choose how many foils you’ll need based on how many highlights you want
- For more natural-looking highlights, use fewer foils; for more dramatic highlights, use more foils
- Cut strips of foil that are slightly bigger than the sections of hair you’re highlighting
- Place a foil strip underneath a section of hair, and then use the comb to pull a small amount of hair through the hole in the center of the foil strip
- Repeat step 5 until all your desired sections have been highlighted, then let your hair sit for 30 minutes to an hour before rinsing out the color
How to Do Pink Peekaboo Highlights
Pink peekaboo highlights are a fun and easy way to add a pop of color to your hair. They are perfect for those who want to experiment with color without commitment, as they can easily be covered up with your natural hair color. Here’s how to do pink peekaboo highlights:
- Start with clean, dry hair. If your hair is freshly washed, wait until it is completely dry before beginning this process.
- Section off the portion of hair you want to highlight. Use a clip or ponytail holder to keep the rest of your hair out of the way.
- Starting at the roots, apply a thin layer of lightener or bleach to the sectioned-off hair. Be sure to avoid getting any on your skin or clothing.
- Once all of the hair has been coated, wrap it in foil or plastic wrap and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour. Check on it periodically to make sure that it isn’t getting too light.
How Do You Do Peekaboo Hair at Home?
If you want to achieve the peekaboo hair trend at home, it’s actually not that difficult. First, start with clean, dry hair. Then, section off the hair you want to color Peek-a-Boo.
To do this, take a small horizontal section of hair from behind your ear and clip it away. Next, apply your chosen colored dye (we love Manic Panic’s Semi-Permanent Hair Color Cream in Atomic Turquoise) to the exposed sections of hair using a brush or applicator bottle. Be sure to saturate the hair well so that the color is even.
Once you’re finished applying the dye, let it sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing it out with cool water. shampoo and condition as usual. And voila!
You’ve now got gorgeous Peek-a-Boo highlights that are sure to turn heads!
How Do You Do Peekaboo Hair Highlights?
If you’re looking to add a little bit of fun and flair to your hairstyle, peekaboo hair highlights are a great way to do it! Peekaboo highlights are small sections of hair that are dyed a different color than the rest of your hair. They can be as subtle or as bold as you want, and they’re a great way to add some personality to your look.
To get peekaboo highlights, start by deciding what colors you want to use. You can choose one or two colors that complement each other or go for a more dramatic look with three or more colors. Once you’ve decided on the colors, talk to your stylist about where you want the highlights placed.
They can be randomly scattered throughout your hair, or placed in specific sections (like around your face) for a more tailored look. Once the dye has been applied, all that’s left is to enjoy your new look! Peekaboo highlights are a great way to experiment with color without commitment, so have fun with it!
How Do You Make Your Own Peekaboo Color?
To make your own Peekaboo color, you’ll need to start with a base eyeshadow color. You can use any eyeshadow that you have on hand, but we recommend using a light-colored eyeshadow as your base. Once you have your base eyeshadow in place, take a small amount of white cream or lotion and mix it with the shadow until you’ve achieved your desired shade of Peekaboo.
Apply the mixture to your eyelids and enjoy your new look!
Are Peekaboo Highlights Low Maintenance?
If you’re looking for a low-maintenance hair color, peekaboo highlights are a great option. Peekaboo highlights are small sections of hair that are lighter than the rest of your hair. They can be placed throughout your hair or just in certain areas.
Because they’re small and not drastic, they’re easy to maintain. You can touch up your highlights every few months, or whenever you start to see new growth.
Peekaboo Highlights Tutorial | Achieve Peek Boo Highlights At Home
If you want to add some dimension to your hair but don’t want to commit to a full head of highlights, try peekaboo highlights! Peekaboo highlights are small sections of hair that are lightened and then covered up with a darker shade. This technique is perfect for those who want to experiment with lighter hair without going too drastic.
Plus, it’s easy to do at home! Here’s how: Start by sectioning off the top layer of your hair.
Clip away the bottom layer so it’s out of the way. Then, take small subsections of hair and apply bleach or lightener from root to tip. Be sure to saturate each section so that the color takes evenly.
Once you’ve applied bleach or lightener to all of the subsections, let it process for the recommended amount of time (usually around 30 minutes). After bleaching, rinse your hair and shampoo as usual. Then, apply toner if you want to neutralize any brassiness in your newly-lightened hair.
Once the toner has been applied, blow-dry your hair and style it as usual. And that’s it! You now have beautiful peekaboo highlights that add dimension and interest to your hairstyle.