To refresh a farmhouse-style home, start by giving the walls a new coat of paint in whites, light blues, and grays. Additionally, replace outdated curtains with airy fabrics like muslin or linen in neutral tones. Next, incorporate natural elements such as wood and straw bedding to bring an organic feel to the space.
Incorporate rustic furniture pieces that have been worn over time for a cozy atmosphere. Accessorize rooms with vintage items such as antique clocks and candlestick holders to add character and charm. Finally, layer on some textiles like throws and pillows in plaids or stripes for texture and warmth.
With these simple updates, your farmhouse-style home will be refreshed into something beautiful!
- Start by Decluttering: The first step to refreshing your farmhouse-style home is to declutter and get rid of any items you don’t need or use regularly
- This will give you a clean slate for the rest of your refresh process
- Paint Your Walls: A fresh coat of paint can make all the difference when it comes to giving a room an updated look
- Choose colors that are in line with your farmhouse style, such as muted greens and blues, beige, white, grey, or even black for accents walls
- Add Natural Elements: Natural elements like wood furniture pieces and greenery bring life into a space while still keeping within the rustic theme of farmhouse-style homes
- Look for antiques made from reclaimed wood or plants that fit well into different areas around your home (think succulents in bathrooms and kitchen herbs)
- Update Lighting Fixtures: Replace harsh fluorescent lighting fixtures with more modern light fixtures that have Edison bulbs for an added touch of vintage charm
- Accessorize: Accessories are what really pull together a room when it comes to decorating styles like Farmhouse, so take some time picking out rugs, pillows , curtains, etc. that complement each other and create the perfect atmosphere for your home
How to Make the Exterior of Your House Look Like a Farmhouse
If you’re looking to give your home a rustic, farmhouse look on the outside, there are several easy steps that will help you achieve it. Start by painting the exterior of your house in neutral colors like white, gray, or cream. Then add black shutters for contrast and consider adding a front porch with classic pillars or columns for an extra touch of style.
You can also make your home more welcoming by incorporating natural elements like barn doors and wood fencing as well as hanging flower baskets from your windowsills or rooflines. Finally, don’t forget to incorporate decorative accents such as weathered-looking windmills and birdhouses around the yard to complete the look!
What Trend is Replacing Farmhouse Style?
The modern farmhouse style is being replaced by a more contemporary look that incorporates minimalist elements, such as clean lines, neutral colors, and natural materials. This new trend focuses on creating an airy and light-filled space with minimal clutter. Instead of emphasizing the rustic charm of rural living, this trend embraces sleek surfaces and contemporary pieces.
Larger-scale furniture is also popular to help create a sense of openness in the home. Additionally, warm metals such as brass or copper are often used for hardware to add a touch of sophistication throughout the home.
How Do I Make My House Not Look Like a Farmhouse?
A great way to make your home not look like a farmhouse is to start by considering the colors and materials that you use for decorating. Opt for more modern colors such as beiges, grays, whites, and blues instead of traditional reds and browns. Choose furniture with clean lines rather than rustic pieces.
For example, opt for a sleek leather sofa or an upholstered armchair instead of a wooden rocking chair. Introduce statement pieces that reflect your personal styles such as bold artwork or sculptural decor elements. Also, include accent lighting in your space; this will create ambiance in addition to illuminating the room.
Finally, add some texture with rugs and curtains made from unique fabrics like velvet or linen which will help soften any hard edges and give the space an updated feel overall!
How Do You Transition to Modern Farmhouse?
Transitioning to a modern farmhouse style can be done in steps. Start by replacing furniture and accessories with those that have a more rustic feel, like wooden pieces with distressed finishes or natural fabrics such as linen, cotton, and jute. Incorporate warm colors into your decor palettes, such as tans, browns, and blues.
Swap out any contemporary art for vintage-inspired prints or photographs of nature scenes. Introduce small touches of shiplap on walls or ceilings if desired; this will add texture and depth to the space while still keeping it feeling fresh and modern. Finally, consider adding some whimsical elements like an exposed brick wall, galvanized metal accents, or vintage-style light fixtures to complete the look!
What Colors Go With Farmhouse Decor?
Farmhouse decor typically features a neutral color palette with white, beige, and gray as the main colors. Accents of warm neutrals such as browns and tans can also add depth to the room. Other colors that work well with a farmhouse aesthetic include blues and greens in natural shades like navy, light blue, olive green, sage green, and hunter green.
For pops of color choose bright accents like red or yellow for rustic touches. To create an inviting atmosphere use darker shades of blue or green to evoke feelings of warmth while still keeping with the overall farmhouse theme.
HOW TO REFRESH A BEDROOM IN A RUSTIC FARMHOUSE STYLE ON A BUDGET | THRIFTED DECOR
In conclusion, refreshing your farmhouse-style home can be a great way to give it a new look. Incorporating natural elements and rustic décor, along with light colors and wood accents, is an easy and effective way to achieve the perfect farmhouse aesthetic. With some creativity and effort, you can transform your house into the cozy home of your dreams.