If you want to add a touch of luxury to your bathtub, consider adding a bathtub tray. This simple accessory can make a big difference in the look and feel of your bathroom. Here are some tips on how to decorate a bathtub tray:
1. Start with a clean slate. Make sure the surface of your bathtub is clean and free of any soap scum or other residue. This will help ensure that your paint or other decorations adhere properly.
2. Choose your materials carefully. When it comes to bathtub trays, there are many different materials to choose from including wood, metal, plastic, and even bamboo. Consider what look you are going for and select a material that will complement your overall design aesthetic.
3. Add some color. One way to really make your bathtub tray stand out is to add some color with paint or decals. You can also use colored stones or beads to create an interesting design on the surface of the tray.
4. Get creative with storage options. Bathtub trays are not just for looks, they can also be used for storage!
- Choose a bathtub tray that fits your tub and suits your style
- Decide on the type of decor you want to use
- You can go for a more rustic look with natural materials like wood, or go for a more polished look with metallics or glass
- Experiment with different arrangements until you find one you love
- Don’t be afraid to mix and match different elements to create something unique
- Use glue or adhesive strips to secure your decor in place
- Make sure everything is firmly attached so it doesn’t come loose while you’re using the bathtub tray
- Enjoy your new bathtub tray!
What to Put on a Bath Tray
There’s nothing quite like a relaxing bath after a long day. But if you want to make your bath even more enjoyable, consider adding a few special items to your bath tray. Here are some ideas of what to put on your bath tray:
– Candles: Candles can help set the mood for a relaxing bath. Choose scented candles that will fill the air with soothing aromas. – Bubble Bath: Add some bubbles to your tub for an extra luxurious experience.
Look for bubble baths that contain moisturizing ingredients to help keep your skin soft and hydrated. – Body Scrub: A body scrub can help exfoliate your skin, leaving it feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. Choose a body scrub that contains natural ingredients like sugar or salt for gentle exfoliation.
– Facial Mask: Treat yourself to a mini facial while you’re in the tub! Apply a hydrating facial mask before you get in the tub, and let it sit while you enjoy your bath. Rinse off the mask when you’re done, and enjoy softer, smoother skin.
What Do You Put on a Bathtub Caddy?
When it comes to stocking your bathtub caddy, there are a few must-have items that you should always keep on hand. Here is a list of the top five things to keep in your bathtub caddy:
- Bath bomb or bubble bath: This is a must for any relaxing soak in the tub. Add a little bit of luxury to your bathtime routine by popping in a bath bomb or pouring some luxurious bubble bath into the tub.
- A good book: What better way to while away an hour or two than by losing yourself in a good book? Keep a couple of your favorites close at hand so that you can reach for them whenever you fancy some me-time in the tub.
- A face mask: If you’re looking to give your skin some extra TLC, then why not apply a face mask before getting into the tub?
- That way, you can relax and let the mask work its magic while you enjoy a leisurely soak. A glass of wine: Because sometimes, all you need is a glass of wine and a hot bath! Whether it’s red, white, or rosé, make sure to have your favorite tipple on standby for when those stressful days come along and you just need to unwind.
- Some scented candles: There’s nothing quite like the ambiance created by scented candles – and they can really help set the mood for relaxation. Choose candles with calming scents such as lavender or jasmine, and place them around the edge of the tub so that you can enjoy their fragrance while soaking away your troubles.
How Do I Make a Bath Caddy Tray?
If you’re looking to add a touch of luxury to your bathtime routine, why not make your own bath caddy tray? Here’s how:
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need a piece of wood (we used 1/2″ thick plywood), a saw, sandpaper, wood glue, clamps, and paint or stain (optional).
- Cut the wood to size. We cut our piece of plywood into two equal pieces, each measuring 18″ x 9″.
- Sand the edges smoothly. Use sandpaper to lightly sand down all the edges of the wood pieces. This will help create smooth, finished edges on your caddy tray.
- Glue and clamp the pieces together. Apply wood glue to one edge of each piece of wood, then line them up so that the glued edges are touching. Clamp the pieces together and let them dry for 24 hours before moving on to the next step.
- Paint or stain (optional). If desired, you can now paint or stain your caddy tray in any color you like! We chose a dark walnut stain for ours.
Let the paint or stain dry completely before using your new tray.
What Kind of Wood is Used for Bath Trays?
There are a few different types of wood that can be used for bath trays, but the most popular type is cedar. Cedar is a durable wood that is resistant to rot and decay, making it ideal for use in humid environments like bathrooms. Cedar also has a natural resistance to mold and mildew, which can make it a good choice for those with allergies or sensitivities.
Other woods that can be used for bath trays include teak, mahogany, and cherry.
How Do You Seal a Bath Tray?
If you have a bath tray, you may want to seal it to protect it from water damage. There are several ways to do this, but the most effective way is to use a clear sealer. You can find clear sealers at most hardware stores.
To seal your bath tray, first clean it with soap and water. Then, dry it completely. Next, apply the clear sealer according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Once the sealer is dry, your bath tray will be protected from water damage.
DIY Bath Tray
If you want to add a touch of luxury to your bathtub, consider creating a bathtub tray. This simple DIY project can be completed in just a few hours, and it will make your baths feel so much more indulgent. Here’s how to decorate a bathtub tray:
- Gather your supplies. You’ll need a wooden tray (you can find these at most craft stores), some paint or stain, and some wire for hanging towels or jewelry.
- Paint or stain the wood to match your bathroom décor. Let it dry completely before moving on to the next step.
- Decorate the tray however you like! Add candles, soaps, flowers, or anything else that will make your baths more relaxing.
- Hang towels or jewelry from the wire handles. This way, everything you need for a luxurious bath will be right within reach!