How to Hang Curtains With Decorative Molding
Homeowners who want to add a touch of elegance to their windows can do so by hanging curtains with decorative molding. This type of molding is available in a variety of styles and can be found at most home improvement stores. The key to choosing the right style of molding is to select one that complements the existing décor in the room.
For example, if the room has crown molding, selecting a similar style for the curtain rod would create a cohesive look. Installing decorative molding is relatively easy and can be done in a few hours.
- Hang a curtain rod above the window, using decorative molding as support if desired
- Measure the width of the window and cut curtains to size
- Fold the top of the curtains over the curtain rod and hang them on hooks or rings
- Adjust the curtains as desired, making sure that they are even on both sides
How to Hang Curtains Without Covering Trim
If you’re looking for a way to add some personality to your home without covering up your beautiful trim work, consider hanging curtains! Curtain rods can be mounted directly to the trim, and there are a variety of ways to do it depending on the look you’re going for. Here are a few tips on how to hang curtains without covering trim:
Mounting brackets: For a clean and modern look, use mounting brackets that screw directly into the trim. You’ll need two brackets per window – one on either side of the window. Center the bracket over the window, mark where you’ll need to drill holes, and then screw them in place.
Hang your curtains from the bracket using curtain rings or drapery hooks. Pipe insulation: This is a great option if you want an industrial or vintage look. Cut pipe insulation (you can find this at any hardware store) to size and fit it over the top of your trim.
Use adhesive caulk or hot glue to attach it in place. Drill holes through the pipe insulation and screw in cup hooks. Hang your Curtains from the hooks using fabric ties or ribbons.
Should Curtains Cover Crown Molding?
There is no definitive answer to this question since it depends on personal preference. Some people like the look of curtains covering crown molding while others prefer the molding to be visible. If you are unsure, you could always try hanging the curtains slightly above the molding to see if you like the way it looks before making any permanent changes.
How Can I Hang Curtains Without Hiding Trim?
If you want to hang curtains without hiding trim, there are a few things you can do. First, make sure the curtains are hung high enough so that the trim is not hidden when the curtains are open. Second, choose thinner curtains so that they don’t completely cover the trim when they’re closed.
Finally, use a lighter color for the Curtains so they don’t look too heavy or dark against the trim.
Do You Hang Curtains Above Window Trim?
When it comes to window treatments, there are a lot of options to choose from. One popular option is hanging curtains above window trim. But is this the right choice for your home?
Let’s take a look at the pros and cons of hanging curtains above window trim. The main benefit of hanging curtains above window trim is that it makes the windows appear larger. This can be especially beneficial in small rooms or homes with low ceilings.
Hanging curtains higher up also allows more light into the room, which can make it feel brighter and more open. There are a few potential downsides to hanging curtains above window trim. First, if you have young children or pets, they may be able to reach the cords and pull the curtains down.
Second, if your windows are very tall, it may be difficult to find Curtains long enough to cover them completely when hung above the trim. Finally, depending on the design of your home, hanging Curtains higher up may not provide as much privacy as you would like. Overall, whether or not you hang Curtains above window trim is a personal decision.
There are benefits and drawbacks to both options. Consider what is most important to you before making a decision about your window treatments.
How Do You Hang Decorative Curtains?
If you’re looking to add a touch of decoration to your home, adding some curtains is a great way to do it. But if you’ve never hung curtains before, it can seem like a daunting task. Have no fear though – hanging decorative curtains is actually quite easy!
Here’s how to do it:
- Start by measuring the window that you want to hang the curtains on. You’ll need to know the width and height of the window so that you can purchase the right size curtain panels.
- Once you have your panels, decide how high up on the wall you want them to be hung. A good rule of thumb is to Hang them about 4-6 inches above the window frame. This will give the illusion of taller windows and make your room look more spacious.
- Now it’s time to actually hang the curtains! Using a drill, screw in some cup hooks or other types of curtain hangers into the wall at your desired height (make sure they’re level!). Then simply loop the top of each curtain panel onto a hook and voila – your curtains are hung!
- To add some extra decoration, consider adding tie-backs or valances to your curtain panels. Tiebacks are pieces of fabric that get tied around each side of the panel, while valances are decorative fabrics that get added across the top portion of the window (above where your curtains are hung).
Hanging Curtains? Don’t Make These 5 Terrible Mistakes!
If you have decorative molding in your home, you can use it to hang curtains! All you need is some Velcro and a few minutes of time. First, measure the width of your molding and cut two strips of Velcro to that size.
Next, peel the backing off one side of each strip and adhere it to the back of the molding. Then, remove the other side of the Velcro backing and stick it to the wall where you want to hang your curtains. Finally, hang your curtains on the Velcro strips and enjoy your new decor!